Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Here Comes Summer

 



With less than a week left of school, my kids are getting
excited, me I'm dying inside. As I've gotten older my love for summer has
dwindled and my new love is fall and back-to-school. I love my kids and I like
spending all the time I can with them, but I also love having my days to
myself. Summer brings interruptions, phrases like ‘It's hot' and I'm bored'. My
kids won't attend summer day camp but they will attend a summer sleep away camp
later in the summer and over the Fourth of July weekend they'll be visiting
their grandparents. These two trips should help break the monotony of the
summer and with any luck we'll take some little field trips. As for me I will
continue to work on my novel and photography and X off the days until August
29.





Tomorrow
night Wyatt and I begin another training session. This one is to help us get
ready for the CGC (Canine Good Citizenship), Josie also starts tomorrow night
only the first class is held without the dogs so she'll have to wait until next
week and that’ll give me a little more time to work with her and learn her
quirks and the things that motivate her besides food.





I've
taken a step toward my dream of owning my own dog-training center. I contacted
a franchise and filled out the application and today I'll be mailing them the
confidentiality statement. After they receive that I'll be able to read their
more in-depth profile and decide whether this is the avenue I want to pursue.
I've been researching start-up for a place like this and while it's still an
expensive proposition, with a franchise at least I'll have the support of
someone who has been there and already done what I'm about to do.





The training center will
take most of my time; I will still pursue my writing and photography. It'll
take much more planning but I will write and take pictures because it's a part
of me. Now, though it's time to wake the kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment