Pages

Monday, August 7, 2006

The Heat is Off, But I'm Left With A Cramp

There was an upside to the heat wave we went through last week, well two to be exact. The first being the little ankle biters stayed in their yard and the second was it sapped my dogs just to go outside to pee. This past weekend was beautiful, low humidity, which meant my dogs were ready for increased activity. Wyatt was at the ready to play fetch; Josie and Luna played and chased each other and Dexter well he sprinted the yard for a few minutes and retired to the house and the couch in the living room.



Saturday morning I readied myself for the VAGA Meet and Greet at the local grocery store Ukrops and took the dogs out one last time to potty and run and run Josie and Dexter did! Josie was going so fast she ran me over. That's right, Josie not Dexter cut my legs out from under me. I saw her coming and it was like I saw her moving in slow motion and my body was moving even slower and then WHAM! Time sped up and I was flat on my stomach. I wasn't hurt; it just took a minute or two to get up. I round the dogs up to go in so that Dexter and I could walk around the block to the Meet and Greet. All went well walking to and from the M & G. Dexter had a blast meeting and getting pet by all the people getting ready to do their weekly shopping.



It wasn't until late in the evening that I began to wonder if Josie actually did something to my leg. Since Saturday evening I've had this terrible sharp pain that comes and goes along my calf muscle and front of my shin. It's a pain that hits the pit of my stomach but doesn't hurt a lick when I walk. Go figure. So that was my weekend with my dogs. Josie391801

Josie left me with a major cramp in my leg.



Until next time, Woof, Woof, Woof and a Roo!



No comments:

Post a Comment