Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ex-Lax for the Brain

I’m writing tons and reading tons too! My book shelf has
gained some weight over the last few weeks despite me having read six books. I
must admit that for every one that I have recently read I have replaced with
two new books! Now I did buy some of the books used because they were authors
I’d never read. If I love their books enough then I will support the author by
buying their future releases new.





Over the last month I’ve read The Other Boleyn Girl, Gods In
Alabama, Life of Pi, Vampires, Wine and Roses, Danse Macabre and currently I am
reading I Am Legend. I should finish that by Friday and then I’ll start a new
book.





I’m over 150 hand-written pages into my new novel I write on
average 180 to 200 words per page so I’m nearing the 30 K mark in less than two
weeks! Finishing the first edits on my NaNo novel was an Ex-Lax for my brain.
With all the time I spent sick and slogging through the final edits of Beneath
the Surface it about sucked the creative life from me. Alex Steele’s sarcastic
wit whipped my mind back into shape and her next adventure was waiting to ooze
out of my brain to my fingers and then my pen. And it’s still oozing!





Well I’m off to let it ooze a little more.





Until next time Good Writing!





1 comment:

  1. I loved Gods in Alabama, can't wait to get that next one. Can't get it yet though. :( I'm about to read Shirley's new book, "The Legacy." Have ya read it yet?

    ReplyDelete