Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Relaxed Humans = Relaxed Dogs

Seven days later and Dexter will still not exit the back
door with the screen unless one of the other dogs is going through or one of
the four humans is holding it open. He will enter the house after being
outside. Go figure, like said before he’ll get the hang of it right as the open
door/widow season ends.





I still have days where I miss Luna and I start to cry, but
when I look at my three wonderful pups I still have with me I see that while I
loved Luna, she was not a smart addition to my pack. The difference in all of
the dog’s behavior is amazing. Wyatt’s demand barking has diminished, Josie is
more alert and responsive to me and the rest of the family and even Dexter are
showing greater interest in all things. Toys are no longer an issue. When Luna
arrived toys became a problem quickly, she showed guarding issues, then her
health became an issue with seizures and a whole host of other things. We
entered into training and consults with a behaviorist immediately. We were able
to get the medical issues under control but her behavior and temperament deteriorated.
I was able to managed it and keep everyone safe but it was not a good life for
any of my dogs.





Having to make the decision to say goodbye when we did
turned out to be a huge blessing for every human and dog in my home. The stress
has disappeared and as I wrote above Wyatt, Josie and Dexter have all relaxed
and keep showing signs of improved behavior. Luna is no longer in pain and that’s
what is and was most important.





This photo of Wyatt was taken two weeks ago. Wyattweb
It brings a
smile to my face each time I look at it. I was standing at the side of my house
and I called him to the window of the porch. I said up and this is what I got.











Djweb
And here’s a photo of Josie and Dexter on the deck so they don’t feel left out.





 Until next time Woof, Woof and a Roo!



No comments:

Post a Comment