Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

Got My Paint!

Saturday evening I found out that our local Home Depot already had the Freshaire paint in stock. I was excited; I don’t have to wait to paint! Yesterday morning after our early run to Lowe’s to purchase the bamboo floor we headed over to Home Depot for paint. Turns out HD had the paint in stock for two weeks and lucky me was the first customer to purchase it. I had the pleasure of watching the poor workers look for the pre-measured color packets that are used to tint the paint. These packets of color contain no VOC’s just as the paint (Volatile Organic Compounds). After about fifteen minutes they found the packets and five more minutes of prep and shaking the paint we were on our way. Most workers would have given up and said they didn’t have the packets and sent us on our way with out our paint, but Robin and Valerie hung in there.  I was so excited to have my paint that I started cleaning and prepping the room before I took before photos. Before I go any further I’ll snap a few and post them later.



We also purchased our new flooring and we were surprised to find that this Green renewable product uses high VOC glue! Lowe’s didn’t have an alternative so we will install the floor using a flooring nailer which we’ll rent next weekend. We have 216 sqft of floor to lie which I figure will take us at least one day but no longer than the weekend. Eventually we’ll extend the bamboo into our living and dining room.



On the Book a Week front I finished A Spot of Bother on March 19th and that brings my total to 17 books read 35 to go. I found it well written, especially the dysfunction of the family, I also found a few parts disturbing to read, especially the part where the father harms himself. I actually gagged while I read it! I found the book engaging but I must admit I enjoyed The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night much more. Even so Mark Haddon is an author I will read again. Currently I am reading the Dummies Guide to Home Based Businesses and I’m also slogging my way through Devil in the White City. Devil is the next book for my book club and yikes it’s hard to read. Larson has left no stone unturned, it reads as if he included every single piece of research…BORING! Thankfully I have until April 3rd to finish it.



Until next time good reading, writing and DIYing!



No comments:

Post a Comment