Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Painting Complete

I rolled on the second coat of paint this morning. I am extremely pleased with the result. I’ve used all brands of paint and Freshaire is comparable. Freshaire’s texture is thicker than Behr or Valspar but I didn’t see any noticeable coverage differences. It was easy to apply and clean up was a breeze. The best part was no nasty paint smell! I have been painting for two days and couldn’t open the windows because it’s too chilly and it’s okay because there is no smell. So my initial impression of Freshaire paint is fantastic. The big test will come over the next 30 plus days as the paint cures. Once it cures if it stands up to washing then it will be worth the $37.00 per gallon. I used the color Slender Reed from the Waterscape pallet on the walls and white for the ceiling and base boards.



The next part of the project is the bamboo floor and new base molding. The DH and I will start that on Friday and hopefully by Saturday afternoon we’ll have the floor finished. Then we can spend Sunday putting everything back where it belongs and on Monday I’ll post the after photo.



I now have no reason not to clear out the clutter in my office since I need to wait until Friday to do the floor. So tomorrow I will wade into the sea of paper and throw away or shred it. Whatever I haven’t touched or used in the last six months will either be thrown away or given to charity. I’ve already packed 4 boxes full of stuff to give away from other rooms and now it’s time to clean the office.



Until next time good reading, writing and DIYing!



2 comments:

  1. Very interested in your experience with Freshaire paint. Painted my bathroom with this paint 3/22. Immediately experience significant rewetting problems in our humid bathroom. Called Freshaire and they said let it cure 10 days before doing the 2nd coat. Today is day 10 and I plan to experiment this afternoon. This Paint might be a good choice for most rooms, but not bathroom or kitchen.
    Owlgir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family room is right next to my kitchen and so far no problems. Did you use the flat base paint? I've found flat does not work well in bathrooms. I use satin or semi gloss in kitchens and bathrooms. Did you prep your walls? I always lightly sand then wipe down the walls before I prime. If your paint has any kind of sheen sanding it before priming helps it adhere. One other suggestion if you don't already use or have one is to turn on the bathroom fan when steam is present and remember it usually takes at least 30 days for paint to cure. Good luck! Linda~

    ReplyDelete