Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Blizzard 2010 Update

It's day two of digging out. Yesterday we had our cars and driveway shoveled and showing cement. Of course the inevitable happened...The snow plow. We live on the same street as an elementary school and our street is always one of the first plowed and it never fails that we clear our large driveway and the the snow plow blocks the entrance. The upside is I'm always able to open my day care.

School is closed today but then so is everything else in DC, MD and VA. Even the Federal Government is closed. I'm sure my kids will be out of school tomorrow too, because much of the county I live in still has dirt and gravel roads. My business is open but it doesn't matter because my daycare families are snow bound. Tomorrow afternoon my area is expected to get a rain/sleet mix with up to five more inches of snow through the night. I'd rather have the snow than the rain because a fast melt spells disaster for my basement.

Now it's time to dig out my outside stairwell. Happy shoveling!

Until next time live well now.



No comments:

Post a Comment