Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow We Go Again!

Yesterday was beautiful! The sun was shinning and the snow was melting. Then the weather man said 3-6 inches of snow with a rain/sleet mixture. Then he upgraded to 6-8, upgraded again to 8-10 then 10-20 and back down to 6-12 inches. As of right now we are expecting 8-12 inches with a little rain/sleet mixture in the beginning. The snow should start between 1 pm and 3 pm and not end until Wednesday evening.

I've come to terms with more snow and the fact that my kids will mostly likely miss the entire week of school. I realize there are many places around the US and world that get more snow but we're not used to this. This storm will put us over our average snowfall by three times. I'm happy that it's snow and not a rain event. A slow melt is what I want so my DH and I won't be sucking water in the basement.

We've got all we need from the grocery store and yesterday we hit our local used book store and stocked up on reading material. If we visit the grocery store today it will be for mozzarella cheese, yeast and all the fixings for homemade pizza. My DD will most likely ask for her favorite Greek yogurt so we'll probably make a trip to BJ's and buy in bulk (I love the Greek Yogurt too). No need to hit the video store as the TIVO is full and we bought quite a few DVD's recently when the local Blockbuster's closed. Other than extras we're ready.

Until next time, live well now.



No comments:

Post a Comment