Pages

Monday, June 6, 2005

Household Frustration & Joys: The Vacuum

When
things work I'm happy, when they don't I get frustrated. But then most people
would get frustrated. It seems everything is breaking in my house. Recently I
had to replace our range, a water heater, I had to spend too much to treat for
a reinfestation of termites and vent the crawl space where the termites were,
now one of the two garage doors is breaking literally, the bar that pulls the
door up is falling off the door and screwing it back in won't work, so now I
have to replace two doors because our current doors are green and that color
isn't available. If that weren't enough yesterday I went to renew my anti-virus
subscription and the damn update engine doesn't recognize the subscription key!
I've tried getting into their live chat area and it won't let me in,
frustration to the point of screaming. I give up. I'm just going to get a
refund and go to some big box store and by the upgrade and do that year after
year from now on to avoid the problems I've had with this particular web site's
renewal process for the past three years. Three strikes and you're out!





Now
when things work as good or better than you expect it's pure joy! What has
worked so well, it's the uber vacuum I just bought, the Dyson DC 14 Animal. I
hate housework with a passion, except for vacuuming. There is something about
vacuuming my floors and carpets that gets me motivated for writing. Maybe it
helps me because it's a mindless chore, and it frees my mind to wonder and
explore possibilities for plot and characters. Who knows, but it's the one
chore in the house that I always do and whenever someone offers to vacuum, I
always say I'll get to it, but you could do [fill in the blank]. Today I am on
a tear with my new uber vacuum, I am motivated to finally get my bedroom picked
up so I can vacuum, who knows I might even tackle the youngest kidlings room
just to use my Dyson.



No comments:

Post a Comment