Pages

Friday, June 3, 2005

Something A Little Different

Original
post on Blogger 5/27/05



It's mid
morning and the remains of a migraine are fading so I'm sitting on the back
porch typing this entry listening to a David Bowie retrospective. The puppies
are played out and resting in the shade of the shed and as I look around at the
neighbors house I see windows open letting in the fresh air and my music
whether they like it or not. Not is what most of the neighbors are thinking,
but at this moment I don't care because I have a blog to write and a few
thousand words toward my next novel and I refuse to be cooped up inside while I
write today.



If
there's one thing I haven't grown out of doing that is playing my music loud. I
love loud music and I will play it loud until the day I die. My David Bowie
collection has been my inspirational music as I write my latest novel. The only
problem I find writing with music is I tend to sing along if I'm not completely
engrossed in what I'm writing. I also tend to type to the beat of the music.
That probably looks funny to anyone that can see me on my porch and since many
of my neighbors are retired that's a lot of people with nothing better to do
than to watch the world go by outside of their windows. I like my older
neighbors; I really do because they actually say what's on their minds. They'll
tell me they didn't like my music selection on a particular day or they say,
you sure don't mind looking silly when you're with your dogs. The best one was
when my totally southern neighbor asked in her southern drawl if I wrote those
sex books because I'm always typing on my little keyboard. Apparently people my
age aren't capable of writing good fiction, we only write sex books because
that's all that we have on our minds. At least that's what she says. If she
only knew what today's 35 year-old woman thought she might be surprised. 



I guess
if I were totally honest about how much I thought about sex, it would
disappoint my husband, sorry husband. But I have dreams and writing myself out
of my dreams into reality is my primary focus during the day. Thankfully I have
a husband who loves me and supports me, though he does say a little too often,
when you going to write that best seller. I wonder if he wants to retire or if
he just thinks he'll get more sex! (No need to leave a comment dear husband, I
believe I already know what you're going to say) You'll write BOTH, your
DH<grin>.






Well, now
that I've probably embarrassed my husband, I better get to the opening chapters
of the MSS that has been requested. I need to fix all my grammatical and
spelling mistakes.          



No comments:

Post a Comment