Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Rose Such A Clatter

T'was a few days from Christmas and all the creatures were stirring, but not the pesky mouse. For three weeks he nibbled and gnawed and plucked my last nerve but last night I heard such a clatter and he was a splatter. Okay so I'm no poet but I tried. The big squeaker gave one last squeak and succumbed to the peanut butter temptation that was the mousetrap. We tried the humane trap and all he did was walk around it, so it was time to bring out the big guns. The spring-loaded trap that cost a whole $1.29. Two days later the peanut butter and trap did it's job!

Now I just have to hope he didn't bring any friends or we'll be hearing many more clatters that end in a splatter.



1 comment:

  1. Oh well, that's better then poison. We used poison on one occasion. . . never again.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete