Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Techno Goddess ;)

My kids think I am a techno Goddess! Yesterday after a little tweaking I had my oldest daughter's iPod working. I restored the iPod's settings then restarted the PC and started iTunes again and it worked. I was able to import her playlist to the iPod, but that wasn't the problem the day before, my problem was it wouldn't play. Well, now it plays. But the big yahoo came when she downloaded a few songs from iTunes with her gift card. It worked and she was listening to all her favorite songs. My youngest daughter's iPod never had the problems I had with the other and importing some of her favorite songs from her CD went well. My youngest daughter is the one with the dinosaur computer too. So for today or while the iPod works for them I am a techno Goddess.



Yesterday I received a photo Christmas card from a neighbor in my old neighborhood and my jaw fell when I saw her kids. My how they had grown. I shouldn't have been surprised, because kids grow, but I was. The nice thing other than seeing her kids was she noted in the message she enjoyed our family newsletter, quite a few friends and relatives called to say the same thing. Receiving compliments is wonderful, but it also makes me wonder what was wrong with last year’s newsletter? Last year I wrote a straight forward here's what went on with our clan with a little humor injected and this year I did the same thing only I wrote it from our dog Josie's point of view. I wrote and sent it in one day. I decided at the last minute I couldn't send what I originally wrote because it was boring. I hadn't planned to rewrite it, I had planned to just send cards, but while I was playing with my dogs and laughing at Josie's antics, the tone of the newsletter hit me.



I ran to my office and began typing and giggling as I wrote. As I finished each little article/update as my dog Josie I laid out the newsletter and also pasted my work into an e-mail for the husband to approve before I printed. Normally I don't ask for his approval but with the Christmas newsletter I do especially if he's the butt of my jokes. It's funny that most of the reaction from this year’s newsletter came from my family; I don't think the other side gets my sense of humor, but thankfully the husband does. Perhaps those that didn't find it funny didn't see that it was written by Josie the Resident News Hound. Then maybe they did get it and just didn't think it was funny or they just aren't as dog oriented as our family. What matters to me is the husband and I thought it was funny and I got it out and rereading it yesterday I still liked what I wrote. It energized me to get ready for writing in the New Year.



I've yet to write any goals for the New Year, but I have been writing down all the ideas that have flooded my head for my current WIP Beneath the Surface and my NaNo WIP Weather Bites. The newsletter lifted my writing spirits, which in turn has me enjoying the books I'm reading and enjoying the kids being around. I'm still counting the days until they go back to school but I've enjoyed their company. And now I'm off to work so I can go on enjoying the kids. I have a ton of writing to do, photos to work on and of course housework.



Until next time Good Writing



2 comments:

  1. Woohoo, techno goddess. Glad you got it figured out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo on the computer success!
    *Sigh* I know what you mean about the writing and housework. I have two incomplete stories staring me in the face and tons of cleaning to do. ;)

    ReplyDelete