Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2006

One Year & Still Simply Irresistible

A year ago this week my family and I adopted Josie our Beagle/Basset Hound mix. While it's been a long year with her, its been a rewarding one mostly. She's over her potty problems, we now know that if she paces and gets in our faces she needs to go out and take care of business. If we see these actions we simply ask her "Do you have to potty?" potty being her key word. If she trots to the back door we let her out.



While Josie is over a year-old she's still very much a puppy. She’s high energy and loves to play with Wyatt and Dexter. She's a pest and sometimes doesn't know when to quit, but Wyatt and Dexter sure let her know. If I had it to do all over again would I adopt her, my answer is two-fold. In hindsight, no, knowledge is power after all. I would have passed, had I properly researched the breed mix. But also knowing what I know now I wouldn't give her up either. She has personality. She's cute and while she's not the easiest dog to train she's loyal. She had me the moment I saw her. She’s irresistibly cute for a reason, so that people like me will adopt her. Her challenges are what make her special and my Cup of Jo(sie).



Until next time Woof, Woof and a Roo!



1 comment:

  1. she sounds like 1/2 of my students! annoying, but still somehow precious.

    ReplyDelete