Pages

Monday, May 1, 2006

Oh the Dust!

It feels like I've been cleaning my house non-stop these past few weeks. Actually I have but the one thing that's irritating is the dust! I dusted on Saturday and everything was gleaming and then I woke Sunday, wiped down the kitchen counters and went to relax in the family with my TIVO'd soaps and what do I see? Dust! It looked like I hadn't dusted the day before. I don't remember this much dust when I was living in the Mojave Desert and we had our windows open at least 80% of the time. I don't remember this much dust when we first moved into the home four years ago either. So what has changed?



The only changes are my dogs. The two we moved into the house with have passed on and the three that now live with us are more active and spend much of their time outside rolling in the grass and dirt. Then they come in and shake out their coats and leave me with dust and dander. I suppose as my dogs get older and less active the dust will lessen too, but it's a losing battle for now.



Another battle is keeping my kitchen counters clean. It appears no one else in the family knows how to take a paper towel and clean up the mess they make. They assume and I must admit they assume correctly most of the time that I will clean the counters. But it's the dust that bothers me. I could spend every day of the week dusting and never have a dust free surface for than an hour or two, instead I'll dust once or twice a week and enjoy my dogs even if they are my dust and dirt magnets.



There is one thing that isn't dusty and that's my writing. I'm rolling along with my novel and hopefully will have a completed first draft by June. I'm chomping at the bit to start writing my next novel tentatively called Weather Bites. I still have research to do on vampire lore and character sketches and that should keep me satisfied until I've completed the first draft of Beneath the Surface.



Until next time, good writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment