Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Rain and More Rain

Rain, rain go away! That’s been my mantra since Sunday. We've needed rain badly in my area, but this draught busting rain is causing more problems in my area than needed. Thankfully my immediate area hasn't suffered the flooding that some areas have, though I have been vigilant because of past flooding in my basement. My sump pumps have been working over-time, but working nonetheless.



Yesterday it rained most of the day, though we did have some sunshine mid-morning, which while nice proved to cause nasty thunderstorms during the early afternoon and constant rain until late evening. My backyard is a mess of mud where the grass has yet to fill in, but I do see signs of grass! Well, not grass in the truest sense more like weeds with a little grass mixed in, but I'll take it if it helps cut down on the mud brought into the house.



The rain also brings about another set of problems with my kids. My oldest went to a sleepover on Sunday and didn't arrive home until after 4 pm yesterday so her boredom was kept to a minimum. My nine-year-old on the other hand was bored. Though she did take care of her outside chore of scooping poo while the sun was shining and I was playing fetch with the dogs. She also folded and put away her laundry! Now if she would clean and declutter her room. Today will be much the same as yesterday though right now it's not raining, I have no doubt it will at some point.



The girls and I are still reading HP The Half-Blood Prince and if all goes smoothly we'll finish it this weekend. We're also excited because details of the seventh and final book are being revealed. My girls are wondering which main characters are going to die. Will it be Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Dumbledore or perhaps the unthinkable Harry himself!



Well, we'll just have to wait for the book. Right now it's work time for me. Until next time, good writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment