Pages

Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Catching Up

The basement is dry once again and thankfully nothing of value was lost. Now the kids and I are rearranging the basement and getting rid the clutter. This is not a task they are happy about, but seeing as this is their space to watch TV and play games I think they should help.



On another family note we are ten chapters from the end of HP book 6 six. We're all enjoying it, but I have to admit it's not Rowling’s best work. Books three and four remain my favorites. The action is present but I don't feel any sense of urgency to stop Voldemort they way I did in four and five. It's actually rather flat and I suppose what I am really enjoying is the time spent with my girls.



On the writing front I finally caught up with transcribing my handwritten manuscript and submitted a short scene to my crit group. I sent out five queries this week and received three rejections, though each one had handwritten notes to me. I remember why freelancing is not one of my favorite parts of writing and it's not the rejections, it's writing the queries and waiting to hear from editors and then payment. But I am a writer and since I want to write about dogs I'm hitting the query, wait and wait some more paths.



Until next time, good writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment