Pages

Thursday, June 29, 2006

In for The Long Haul

Yesterday was like starting from scratch. The rain finally ended and we could get back outside for good games of fetch and real walks at a faster pace. By mid day Luna resumed normal breathing. I on the other hand held my breath as the afternoon approached, the weather people were calling for scattered thunderstorms. Thankfully we were sparred. Though we did have a lightening show last night around 10 pm.



Luna's growling toward Wyatt has diminished somewhat, but not gone. Her growling only happens indoors. I've tried removing her from the barking which works but Wyatt doesn't stop barking, so I tried another tact. I started giving Luna treats as soon as Wyatt barks and I stop as soon as the barking stops. When Wyatt stops I give him high value treats for his silence. Luna's tolerance of Wyatt's barking has improved more than W's barking. While I'd love to end Wyatt's barking, Luna's uneasiness with W is more important. I've observed two triggers, Wyatt's barking when Josie and Luna play inside and when Wyatt nears her favorite spot to sleep. Wyatt is the only one she does this with. Josie and Dexter both come and lay close to her with no problems. It's only been a month and we've made considerable progress, but still have a long way to go.



Saturday if you're in the area and you'd like to check out Greyhound's VAGA is having a Meet and Greet at the Ukrops grocery store in Fredericksburg on RT. 3 from 11 am -1 pm. hope to see you there!



Until next time Woof, Woof, Woof and a Roo!



No comments:

Post a Comment