Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Crack, Boom, Pop Goes Tuesday

Well, the fourth is over and while I love fireworks I am glad it only comes once a year. Instead of watching the shows outside I spent my evening indoors with the surround sound on watching the fireworks on PBS. The fireworks frighten the newest doggy addition. It wouldn't be too terribly bad if all the neighbors weren't setting off their own illegal fireworks. Any thing the shoots above 12 feet is supposed to be illegal in Virginia, but you wouldn't know it by all of the booms, cracks and pops going off within a five block radius of my home. Most of the festivities ended by ten but there were a few holdouts that kept the cracking and popping going until eleven.



The highlight of my day was watching the Space Shuttle taking off. The husband and I have actually seen a shuttle take off. We happened to be honeymooning in Florida and from the condo we saw lift off. Of course the only proof we have are photos taken with a cheap camera and the shuttle looks like a firefly streaking across the fly, but we saw it, that was almost 16 years ago. I don't think it will matter how old I get I will always feel a rush of pride when the shuttle has a successful lift off. Other than that we didn't do much else. The oldest kid went to a friend’s house to swim and the husband took the youngest kid swimming at a local public pool. Me, I stayed home with the dogs and let them do a little swimming of their own in the wading pool before the afternoon thunderstorms rolled in.



I didn't write or otherwise work yesterday so I have some catching up to do today. The kids are sleeping late and that helps, so I'd better get crack-a-lackin'.



Until next time, good writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment