Pages

Monday, August 21, 2006

Back to School and Work

Wednesday is back to school for my kids! It's also my first possible back to work day outside of my home. I say possible because there's paperwork to complete and I might have to get a current physical for my youngest daughter because she'll be going to work with me.



My new job is as a site assistant for KLC's Champions before and after school program. I'll work a split shift from 6 am - 9 am and 3 pm to 6 pm. The great part is I'll still be able to come home and write while my kids are in school and the next best thing is I just have to cross the street to get to work. My new position is at my youngest school. But the best part of finally securing a part-time job after looking for the better part of a year is that it's not retail and while I won't be home when my 13 year-old gets home from school I will be home in the evenings and on the weekends.



My oldest is a little nervous about getting herself off to school and coming home to an empty house but I am positive that won't last long. I remember coming home when I was her age and loving the fact that I could watch TV or listen to my music without someone looking over my shoulder. Some ground rules have been set like she'll need to get her homework completed and exercise the dogs in the back yard for at least 30 minutes and she'll need to wait to have computer time until I get home, because the dogs still need supervision because Luna is still adjusting. She'll be fine, what makes me nervous is her getting off to the bus on time. Time will ease our nervousness.



Over the weekend the husband installed a new updated fan in our family room. We've lived in our home for four and a half years and for that long I've wanted to rid the room of that ugly country looking fan. Now I have a brushed nickel finish and light colored fan blades. Now when you look into the room the fan isn't the first thing you see, it blends more into the decor. Next on the honey do list is changing out the light and fan switches and hanging the new Roman shades.



Now I need to get started on my to do list. Until next time good writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment