Pages

Friday, August 4, 2006

Reading and Writing

It's been a while since I've updated here. I hadn't realized how long until a friend said something to me. Well I've been doing a whole lot of reading and writing since the last time I updated. I've read three books and started my fourth yesterday. I've also made a huge dent in finishing my current WIP Beneath the Surface. I am about to write the ending and I expect that the final word count will hit close to 100K about 25K more than I thought it would take. Editing will help with cutting down the word count.



The books I’ve read so far have not totally disappointed me. I've read The New Work of Dogs by Jon Katz and learned much about the psychology of why many of us own dogs. I've also continued reading Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. Two weeks ago I read Narcissus in Chains. While it was good it wasn't her best. When I finished I figured a quarter of the book could have been cut and packed more of a punch than it did. After Narcissus I read Cerulean Sins, much better than Narcissus as it went back to Anita doing more of what she does best crime scenes and raising the dead. But it still wasn't as good as the ones leading up to Narcissus. Right now I am on chapter 4 of Incubus Dreams and will have to hold my comment until I finish it this weekend.



I have a stack of books all calling my name and screaming “read me next”. The next book after Incubus will be another LKH Micah and then after that I will tackle an author I've never read before Eldon Thompson's The Crimson Sword. I think my next blog entry will list all the books in my to be read pile. Maybe I'll let people who read my blog pick my next book from my list, but then again...



Until next time, good writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment