Pages

Monday, October 9, 2006

I've Gone Mobile

This morning I am typing this Blog entry on my new notebook! Yesterday I purchased it to replace my trusty Alphasmart Dana. I love my AS Dana but even with its Internet capabilities and compatibility with my PC it’s cumbersome to transfer the files back and forth. So I bought a notebook with AMD Turion 64x2 Dual Core. It also has a gig of RAM and a whopping 160 gig hard drive. Essentially it is a replacement desktop. While it’s mostly for my writing I have enough power with this thing to do light photo retouching.



I bought a brand, Gateway that isn’t known for its customer service, but then what tech company has good customer service anymore, all I can hope is that I never have to call them. Thankfully I am okay with technology and I do have many techie friends so calling Gateway would be my last resort.



What is going to be nice is typing my handwritten novel pages directly into the file, which I did with my Dana, but I then had to transfer it to my PC. Now I’m able to cut the middle man! Another wonderful aspect of the notebook is I can now access my e-mail and the Internet without having to go upstairs to my office. While I love working in my office I like to work in different places when I feel like it and now I have the freedom to take my entire work station with me. I’ve set up my list and writing related e-mail on my notebook and left all my personal/family e-mail on my desktop. So far I love it though I could do without the hot knees and lap. I guess I’ll invest in one of those cool pads to place under it.



Until next time good writing and happy NaNo planning!



No comments:

Post a Comment