Pages

Monday, October 9, 2006

Mud & Lunar Dust

I know living with dogs isn’t all fun and games, though most of the time it is. The down side to owning a dog and in my case four is the mess that goes with them. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that my house will never be spotless. There will always be muddy paw prints and fur places you didn’t think it could get. Three of my dogs are low shedding dogs but Luna is not. Being a Golden Retriever she sheds enough fur to let me and anyone entering my home knows we have four dogs. The fur that Luna leaves in her wake is dubbed Lunar Dust because it floats weightless through the halls and rooms and leaves little dirt particles behind as it floats by.



I could vacuum every day and still have Lunar Dust an hour later. While it doesn’t bother me it does keep the family away. Most of my family believes I have too many dogs. Me I think I have just enough for me. Cleaning their messes is a minor inconvenience compared to the joy they bring into my life. There are many good points to owning dogs; they love you whether you buy them the latest and hip item. When you go to the store they don’t constantly nag for items not on your list and they don’t fight over who sits in the front seat because they sit in the back with their Doggles on and faces pressed through the partially rolled down window. Dogs are happy with a little time, love and the wind in their faces and that’s worth the muddy paw prints and Lunar Dust!



Until next time Woof, Woof, Woof and a Roo!



1 comment:

  1. Dogs are not the only animals one must or could be continually vaccuuming up after!
    We have but one cat here - just one! And she is a fluff ball who is constantly dropping fur tracks all over the place! In my opinion, judging by the amounts of cat fur we have pulled off from the dining room chairs alone, I have often said this cat should have been bald by now! (She will be 14 -we think - in December! Neither my daughter or I is quite sure when we got here - December of 1991 or 1992! Whatever! Fourteen is close enough and we'll go with that for now!

    ReplyDelete