Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Contemplating the Well-Being

It’s been a while since I’ve posted and there’s been many things going on in dogdom. All my pups entered the New Year healthy and mostly happy. I say mostly because life with Luna has not been easy on the humans, Wyatt, Dexter or Luna. All the progress I thought we were making is back sliding and I’m hitting a brick wall on ways to approach her dislike of Wyatt and Dexter.



I’ve consulted with trainers and a behaviorist and followed their advice some of it successful and some not, I’m even trying herbals to help calm Luna and Wyatt. I’m giving them a chance with the hope that they might help. I’m continuing to work on training with all my dogs, Wyatt’s demand barking and Luna’s reactive ways when Wyatt starts barking. The sad part is Luna just isn’t relaxing and I may have to come to terms that she is not happy in my large pack. I and my family love Luna and none of us want to give up on her but we just may need to let her go. Yes, it will hurt but I want to believe that there could be a better home for her where she can relax, be happy and just be a dog.



The most important thing is the well-being of the entire pack. Three of my dogs have no problems sleeping and playing together. Unfortunately Luna appears comfortable only with Josie. As the days go by I am saddened that I may never see Luna make the connection with Wyatt and Dexter.

Wj07e
A bright spot is this picture I snapped yesterday. This is Wyatt and Josie snoozing the first day of the New Year away.



Until next time Woof, Woof, Woof and a Roo!



No comments:

Post a Comment