Pages

Friday, January 12, 2007

Reverse Procrastination

My home is a dust bowl. It’s not normal dust either, if there is a normal dust. My home is cover in a thin layer of red clay dust. My dog Wyatt brings that dust inside and when he shakes his body a cloud rises from his coat and quickly settles on any available surface. I’m sure my other three dogs bring in the dust as well, but you don’t see a dust cloud when they shake their bodies. I’ve put off cleaning this week because I just don’t want too but I need to since my in-laws will be here early tomorrow morning. Generally people/writers use cleaning as a procrastination method not to write. Not me. This week I have used my revision deadline for BTS as a procrastination method not to clean. I’ve revised a good chunk of the novel this week and kept current with inputting the changes. But the day has come and the house must be dusted, swept, vacuumed and washed. I should clear out my office and bedroom but that will have to wait. I’ll close those doors; at least the kid’s rooms will be somewhat clean.



I do have most of my tax stuff together and when I receive two more items I’ll be able to get *My People* to do my taxes and get my refund. The government has used my interest free overpayment long enough.



The procrastination ends today, I will dust, sweep, vacuum and wash the floors. Then I will work on revisions.



Until next time, good writing!



1 comment:

  1. Don't feel too bad about putting off cleaning...it's Jan 14th and my Christmas tree is still up!!!!

    ReplyDelete