Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Conservative Approach

Today I didn’t write or revise a word on my novel; instead I
spent the day finishing a book called What Business Should I Start? By Rhonda
Abrams. To be quite honest it wasn’t a book I really needed to read because I
have a good idea of what I want to do. I have three ideas and all three have
great potential in my area because there is a need. This book is really for the
person who has no idea what they want to do as a business. I decided to read it
to see if I could narrow my choices and possibly learn more about the process
and myself. I accomplished all of the above. Now I need to research my three
ideas more, digest the facts and crunch the numbers.





In the past I’ve jumped right into a business, but not this
time, I am going to outline my path, have a plan to follow. As a writer I write
my stories by the tip of my pen, but as a business woman I am going to take a
slightly more conservative approach and have a plan for each stage of starting
my business. The next book I plan to read is also by Abrams, it’s called
Six-Week Start-up. It’s a start up program for small businesses, though my goal
isn’t starting the business in the next six weeks having the tools and
possibility is.





The rest of my even will be spent reading Rich’s book Time
Off for Good Behavior. I’ll do more business reading tomorrow.





Until next time Good Writing!





2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that you can read books faster than I can listen to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm reading I'm only reading. If I listen to a book I'm usually doing other things so it takes me longer because I usually end up back tracking on some of what I listened too.

    ReplyDelete