Pages

Friday, July 6, 2007

7 Random Things About Me

I don’t normally do these but I will since Ellen at Garden Addiction tagged me. I think the last one I did was several years ago, 100 Things About Me which is buried somewhere on my old Blogger blog.



Let’s see what seven random things can I think of…



1. I gave up writing in high school when one of my English teachers told me I wasn't smart enough to write.
2. I was diagnosed dyslexic during my freshman year of college.
3. After the birth of my first daughter I took a writing workshop and began writing again.
4. After I sold my first article I went back to my high school and dropped the article on nasty teachers desk and asked what has she gotten published lately. That was fun and my first life lesson to my daughter, never let anyone tell you you’re dumb or can’t do anything.
5. I have three dogs.
6. The husband and I are researching moving to Colorado Springs or Vermont.
7. Here’s a three for one I’m 37, a former smoker and recently diagnosed with emphysema.



Here are 7 blogs I tagged for this meme-



1. shannon mckelden
2. The Crayon Virtuoso
3. Lauri's Reflections
4. Girl With A Curl
5. Hoelzli's House of Horror
6. A collection of letters arranged, somewhat randomly, into words
7. genji's corner



Each blogger starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own blog with their 7 random facts as well as these rules. They then need to tag 7 others and list their names on their blog. They are also asked to leave a comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have been tagged and to read the blog.



4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you took that back to your teacher! I love that you did that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Panini. It was a freeing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!
    #1. was never told that, but made to feel it as i'm a slow reader. i can't skim.
    #2. taught at a school for dyslexic kids for 2 years. not just dys, but other issues that made mainstream harder for these kids. teachers don't want to deal with anything but beige sometimes. glad you found out and learned to use tools.
    #3. SO GLAD YOU DID IT! many would say they want to do that, but actually doing it. hurrah! perhaps because you have to work harder at what others take for granted, you produce better writing. ooooh, you smacked her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We live about 25 minutes west of Co Springs...if that helps ya any ;)

    ReplyDelete