Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Three More Down

I lost three pounds during the last month. At first I was upset but then I thought, “Hey that’s three I don’t have to shed this month.” I’m exercising at least thirty minutes a day and I continue to improve my diet. I’ve read in several books, magazines and heard from my doctor that if I increase my fiber intake it will aid my weight loss. So I’ve made a conscious effort to get at least the recommended amount of fiber each day (25 mg).  It also helps lower bad cholesterol and I need to do that too. So far I am not using a fiber supplement. I am getting it from my diet of fruits, vegetables and bread.



I know that I need to increase my exercise time and add weights to the mix if I’d like to up the weight loss but right now we’re in the middle of a nasty heat wave so I have to limit my walking to the early morning or late evenings to avoid the bad air quality. I’ll admit to laziness with adding the weights because I have a set in my basement and no excuse for not using them other than I’m lazy. I enjoy walking more than the weights but the weights are important because they work the metabolism and that’s what I need to raise and keep up in order to lose and then maintain a healthy weight. My goal over the next month is to add weights to my program at least twice a week.



Until next time I hope you find what you’re searching for.



4 comments:

  1. 'Lazy' is my main problem when it comes to exercising. I feel great afterwards, but getting the motivation to do it is tiring in itself. Keep up the good work! You're making good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Well, not to be flip but living is my motivation :) If I didn't have my dogs Wyatt and Josie I probably wouldn't walk ;) as much or as readily. They need to expend their energy so why not kill two birds :-) Dexter while he loves to walk he'd rather just walk to the Blazer and go to and stand at a meet and greet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the healthy changes! And I LOVE the new title banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Laura! I'm thinking of downsizing the blogs and I'm trying to decide whether I am going to keep ISO or merge it into Dreams.

    ReplyDelete