Pages

Monday, August 13, 2007

A Day Early

Finished two books on Saturday and started a new one Sunday. I finally finished Six-Week Startup and highly recommend it if you are starting a business. I also finished The Ghost Orchard and I’m happy I did. I went back and skimmed the first few chapters since I started this book the same time Harry Potter came out and found it wasn’t as confusing as I thought. The twists and turns in this book kept me reading. For once I didn’t figure it all out with in the first quarter of the book; instead I figured it all out with less than 100 pages. Even still it was a wonderful read and one I would definitely recommend despite my previous post.



I started reading Harlan Coben’s Just One Look yesterday and I’m already halfway through! But that’s what I love about his writing; it flows and draws you in so much that you just forget to stop reading. Yesterday afternoon the family and I stopped at our local library, the DH and I needed a document notarized and that was the only place that had a notary available on a Sunday. Yes, the public library in my county is open on Sundays, we’re lucky to live in a county that believes funding public resources. Well, my youngest DD is like me and if there are books around you have to look and eventually pick a few to read. And we ended up leaving with three books one will be my next book to read, Stardust.



You’ve probably gathered that my kids are home and they arrived earlier than I thought. Actually an entire day early! They had fun and that’s the most important thing. I did miss them but I wouldn’t have said no if grandma and grandpa wanted to keep them another week. (Hee Hee) School starts two weeks from today and I go back to work one week from today. I am looking forward to filling part of my day with work outside the home. Until then I’ll keep reading and writing as much as I can.



Until next time Good writing and reading!



2 comments:

  1. that went fast. time to bake cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the DD is baking dog biscuits, human cookies have to wait.

    ReplyDelete