Pages

Friday, August 10, 2007

Hot and Sticky, New Books and Still Kid Free

Wednesday was the hottest day of the summer so far. The temperature reached 105 but because of the humidity it felt like 115. Yuck! Yesterday the temperature was lower but it was still a sticky mess, the upside is we finally received some much needed rain. Much of the MD, DC, and VA region is under a drought. I love watching and listening to thunder storms and last night I watched the light show and listened to the rumblings while I drifted off to sleep. Today the temps are supposed to be lower and by this evening the humidity is supposed to break and the weekend is should be less humid. The weather man says refreshing. Refreshing to me is throw your windows open wide, not heat in the 90’s. Oh well, the cold will be here soon enough and I’ll be bitching that I’m freezing my ass off.



On the book front my book club is reading Harlan Coben’s Just One Look. His books are great for lots of twists and turns. I’m still reading The Ghost Orchard, it’s a tad confusing as the main characters have similar names and there’s quite a bit of back and forth through to the past and present. I’m halfway through the Six Week Start-up and it is so far a great resource for those wishing to start their own businesses. The basis for this book is that you’ll have your biz up and running in six weeks but that’s not really my goal. I want to do it right this time and really have a well thought out plan.



Come Monday the kids will have 10 days until school starts! I finally get to go back to work on August 20th. Thank heaven; I don’t know how I stayed home before? Being home leaves me too much time to do nothing. At least when I work my split shift I don’t waste my time between shifts. I get my writing in and I actually get more house work accomplished.



My kid-free week will come to an end on Sunday when the DH brings them home from Grandma Camp. The DH will actually leave tonight after he gets off work to drive to Michigan. He’ll arrive early tomorrow morning and spend the day and night at his parents. The kids will be happy to see him especially since they’ve been calling us this week.



Until next time Good Writing, Reading and Watching.



No comments:

Post a Comment