Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lots of Everything

It’s been a while since I’ve blogged, a long while! I’ve been busy working and completing several projects around the house. We had a bit of a mini heat wave and I had to use the AC mostly because I need to keep the moisture out of the basement. My dehumidifier needed the extra help. This morning I finished adding the seals to the outlets that are on the outside walls, I dusted again and set up our new recycling area for glass, plastics, newspapers and aluminum.



I have two larger projects that will take at least one weekend to complete and up to three possibly four weekends. The first project is getting the DH into the attic this weekend to clean the duct work and reseal the insulation around the ducts to keep our blown in insulation from making its way into my rooms. I’ve had a terrible dust problem for a while and I was blaming the dogs until I saw a show on the DIY channel. After our inspection this past weekend we realized much of the dust was being circulated through our duct work from the attic.



The other project I hope to start this weekend is our kitchen. My plans are to paint the walls and cabinets as well as cleaning out the cabinets and getting rid of all the items we do not use. This weekend if I can declutter the cabinets and get them sanded I will be a happy woman. Then next weekend I can start prepping the cabinets and walls by washing them and putting a quality primer on everything. Then if all goes well the third weekend I will be able to paint the walls and cabinets. I plan to paint the walls a color called Temptation Green (think Granny Smith Apple) and the bottom cabinet doors Red Delicious (again think apple), all the other cabinets and doors will be white with a lacquered finish. I’ll finish the cabinets off with a brushed nickel finished pulls. Then a new pendant light over the sink and possibly new lighting instead of the fan will finish off the low cost update that I’m going to call contemporary cottage. I will of course post a before and after album as I go.



Tomorrow is my book club meeting and we’ve spent the last month reading Little Women. I’ve lost count how many times I’ve read this book. I wished I had read it again because my love affair has ended. I probably won’t read it again. It’s a wonderful book and I highly recommend everyone read at least once. But be mindful that it is an old book and is not written the same way books are today. Many of the rules we follow when writing today did not apply. I’m also rereading Eragon well I am about to finish it and start reading Eldest. While I read Eldest I will also read a non fiction book called Between the Lines.



Until next time good reading and writing!



4 comments:

  1. Oh sure...brag about having kitchen cabinets to sand. I don't mind at all. ;-)
    I just started reading Eldest. I'm finding it a bit more grown up than Eragon what with all the political intrigue and all. Should be an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to tackle my office. One of these days :) I'm so lazy I listened to both Eragon and Eldest. Hope the third book comes out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gyeong, I hope the third book comes out soon too. I heard rumblings of the new year. This is my second time reading Eldest too and I'm doing it because I heard the next one is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, It is :) This is my second time reading it.
    I can't wait to sand! I really don't like country kitchens but my cabinets are a tad country. Since I can't afford new ones I'm going to make them over and have fun doing it:) I can't help rubbing it in

    ReplyDelete