Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy - Tis the Season

Busy, busy, busy! I’ve been busy trying to get ready for the holidays. Normally I don’t stress over them and I’m really not stressing but it did take me a week to get my Christmas cards and newsletter printed. I wanted to print them on my Epson printer but the paper feeder wouldn’t feed and this just after I bought ink! Thankfully I didn’t replace all the ink cartridges, just the one that showed no ink. I ended up using my five-year-old HP All in One. My dino of a printer showed me once again why I always recommend an HP. They truly are a work horse printer. Saturday morning I bought stamps and put my cards and newsletters in the mail and the most stressful part of the season is over!



Last month I updated my kids portraits and it amazes how quickly they grow. They’re 10 and 14. Mic1

Mad
I don’t fret over gifts for my kids because the DH and I decided early on that we wouldn’t go overboard. Three gifts each is the most they’ve gotten at one time and that usually includes one from Santa and two from us. This year we announced to the kids that Santa was informed not to deliver new iPods or cell phones. Since neither of my children can pay for the upkeep on these items they don’t need them. I think it’s idiotic to see a 10 year old with a cell phone. Please don’t tell me kids need them to keep in touch with their parents because neither of my children has a cell phone and I keep in touch with them just fine. In fact my DH and I ditched our cell phones last October! I have one less item in my purse and a whole lot more coin in my wallet.



I finally finished reading Eldest by Paolini. I also read Dave Barry’s Christmas story, what a cute story and quick read. Right now I am half way through Kite Runner and I am in love with this story! So far it has lived up to all the hype for me. It is one of the most beautiful pieces of writing I’ve read. My next book club book is Three Junes by Julia Glass. I plan to read that during winter break.



Until next time good reading and writing!



1 comment:

  1. pah. i have a mobile phone (and they pronounce it MOH bile) and only because i was a temp and didn't want to miss the calls. the batts are flat often. i have it on silent (pub transport and phones? oy!). it's at the bottom of the purse.
    yet, somehow i know what is going on.
    no kid needs a mobile.
    i loved the kite runner. that's all i'll say. you're not done.

    ReplyDelete