Pages

Friday, February 1, 2008

7 Books Down 45 to Go

I’ve completed my seventh book in five weeks or is this week
considered part of February? Anyhow, I finally finished The Count of Monte
Cristo. I know my DH will be happy because I’ve been complaining about reading
it for the last two weeks. It took me almost the entire month of January to
read because I kept falling asleep while reading it and because I wanted to
read other things. I actually did house work to get out of reading it! All I
will say is I didn’t like it, it bored me to sleep. I loved Dumas’s Three
Musketeers when I was in high school so I thought I’d like this. But I didn’t
and I have no plans to reread Musketeers either because I don’t want to shatter
my illusion of it being a great books the way Little Women was shattered for
me.





I’m almost finished with Storm Front (book one of Dresden
Files) by Jim Butcher. I’m not too thrilled with this one but I think it’s due
to the fact that I watched the television series on Sci-Fi first. It also
suffers some from first book syndrome, meaning it’s good but doesn’t quite live
up to the quotes slathered on the cover. I should have it finished tomorrow. I
will definitely read the next in the Dresden File series because I do like the
character Harry Dresden.





My next two Book Club books are Cane River by Lalita Tademy and Identical Strangers by Elyse Schein and Paula Bernstein.
Both of these are slated to be discussed this month.





Until next time good reading and writing.





No comments:

Post a Comment