Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Things to Ponder

Things to Ponder



Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
--------------




Planning for the future is not easy. I’m not talking the
near future; I’m talking 20 to 30 years. I’m also not talking saving for
retirement though that is difficult too and I need to do better. I’m talking
about where I want to spend the rest of my life. I do like where I currently
live, but I want a more town like feeling, I want to be able to walk a quaint
downtown area and one that is close to the water. It’s not difficult to find
places like this on the east coast, what is difficult is to find the property
for under a half million.





I think I have found a place that fits my want of a quaint
town and water, it’s called Colonial Beach. It’s a vacation
area in Virginia as well as year-round living. The town is in the midst of revitalization, it’s
also a golf cart town and that’s a plus for me if you don’t need a license. I
say that because I don’t have a driver’s license.





At 38 I know that water and a small town are what I want in
my future. I don’t want to leave Virginia but I want to live someplace that my entire family would want to visit. As of
right now we live off the I-95 corridor and it takes at least 75 minutes to get
to my home from the DC area but usually because of the traffic it takes as much
as two hours when it should take 55 minutes give or take one or two minutes. No
one likes to drive down and visit us, perhaps if we have a beach out our back
door that might change, but not too much.





I’m in no rush to move especially since the market is low
right now and I have a few things to update before selling, not to mention my
kids would have heart attacks!





Until next time good reading and writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment