Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Dreaming of Books

Something to Ponder or The Odd Fact



Will you die if you get scared half to death twice? And did you know that rhino's sweat is red and acts like a sunscreen.



----------------



Well, I need a valid driver’s license to drive a golf cart on the streets of Colonial Beach. I already figured as much but I spent my evening checking out anything I could find online. What I noticed was this community has a large artist community and the residents support local businesses. Which might help make my dream of opening a bookstore come true, what you had no idea that I had a dream other than writing and getting my novels published? Well I have many and I’m pursuing my dream and learning all I can about running a retail business. I know books but I’m a tad overwhelmed with the business, taxes and so on that come with opening and keeping the business afloat.



I hope to be well on my way to opening by the time I turn 40 and the count down is short with one year and eleven months to go. The more I find out about this area the more I think I could really make a go with a book store because there doesn’t appear to be one locally and the tourist traffic is high during the spring, summer and fall. So now I’ve added another task to my retail research. Find out if the community I currently live in and the one I’m interested in can support and independent bookstore.



Now I need to get back in the habit of writing. I can’t blame my lack of writing on sleep deprivation anymore because I’m finally sleeping again. I’ve been taking meds for my thyroid for four months now and my levels have come down from an overall 85 to 20 and I’m sure it’s even lower now. One of the first symptoms to start getting better was my insomnia. If you’ve ever suffered sleep deprivation you know it’s difficult to function and then try putting a coherent thought on paper and well it’s almost impossible. But I’m writing again and the fog has mostly lifted from my brain so it’s time to get off my procrastinating ass and write more than a blog entry. I’ve left my writing partners high and dry for the last three months, maybe even longer. My time before my meds is quite fuzzy. I’m still trying to figure out how I got up and went to work each day.



Over all I feel my health improving daily. My blood pressure appears to be good and not elevated as my doctor thought. I will continue to take it daily until my next appointment in March to show my doctor that it’s the appointment that makes me nervous and raised my pressure. I’m exercising daily with at least 30 minutes of walking with my dogs and I’m using some DVD workouts with free weights. I’ve updated my health page to show my current weight and the last BP reading. I’m also thinking of adding a page that gives an overview of my weekly diet.



I’m on my way to good health! Until next time good reading and writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment