Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Speed, Broken Bones, Books and Writing

Things to Ponder

Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?
---------------------
Last weekend was a meet weekend for my girls. Both of them participate on an inline speed skating team and both girls did very well. My oldest daughter finished third in a few races despite having broken her elbow during her warm up. The DH and DD figured it wasn’t broken because she could move it. Me I knew it was broken the moment I saw it. But when your 15 y/o tells it doesn’t hurt too bad what are you to do. Oldest DD came home from school yesterday and said it was killing her. DH took her to the emergency room and three hours later she came home in a splint with a broken elbow diagnosis and instructions to see an orthopedist. Youngest DD did exceptionally well in her races with three 1st places, two 2nd places and two 5th places. The two 5th places were races a division up with girls who were 12 and 13. Youngest DD will be 11 in two weeks.

I’ve just about finished Jim Butcher’s Storm Front and while it’s a good read it’s hard for me to get through it because I watched the TV show before reading. The last quarter of the book is moving much faster. I will read another because I love the character Harry Dresden. I just stated Cane River by Lalita Tademy and after only 30 pages I’m hooked! It’s about four generations of black women and their struggles to make the transition from slaves to freedom.

On the writing front I am getting back in the groove. Right now I am toying with the idea of taking a novel writing class to teach me how to work with outlines and other help aids. As it is right now I write my stories off the cuff.  I always open to trying different ways of working.

Until next time good reading and writing!



1 comment:

  1. i didn't know they had that kind of competition. hope it heals fine. oh, she's young. it's we oldies that ache too long.
    good idea on the class. might just give you some ideas. you'll know what is the best way for you.
    oooh, get school supplies, too!

    ReplyDelete