Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Getting Healthy My 90 Day Update

Last Thursday I had a check in with my doctor and it was good news! My thyroid is getting closer to normal and I can really tell because I have energy to actually do more than work! The best news showed on the scale! I have officially lost 17 pounds as of March 13th! That’s 3 pounds off my goal of 20 pounds by April 22nd. My total weight loss since I began my thyroid medication back in November is now at 37 pounds! I credit part of my weight loss with taking the thyroid medication but most of the work has been mine. I have stuck to healthier eating. I worked on changing my eating habits first and then I started adding in exercise. I walk 30 minutes at least 5 days a week and I’ve also added resistance training to help add muscle and tone. I do the resistance bands 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes. I just started the bands two weeks ago and I’ve already lost close to one-quarter of an inch in my hips, thighs, waist and arms. I hate exercise but I am hooked because I have found what works for me.



I still have the scarring on my lungs but nothing has changed over the last year and that lessens my chances of developing lung cancer. I’m off the steroids and I’ve only had two asthma attacks since last April and both were brought on by environmental irritants and I now do my best to avoid them.



So my lungs are better and my thyroid is on the way down to normal and the weight is coming off, this year is excellent so far. I still have a ways to go with my weight but I’m not worried or afraid because I’ve lost 37 pounds in five months and hopefully I’ll have another 40 off by August and with the weather warming up I might add riding bikes with my kids to my exercise regime.



Until next time good reading, writing and healthy living!



No comments:

Post a Comment