Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ridge Vent DIY

The winds have diminished and most of our roof is in tact. The ridge vent was toast! Boy those vent sure lets in quite a bit of wind when it’s not secure. This morning the DH and I went to Lowe’s and purchased a new ridge vent and then we came home and I promptly sent him up on the roof to replace the damaged one. Approximately one hour later the DH had finished the fix. Now hopefully it’ll stay put during the next high winds and keep the rain out. Next project is to pull the attic insulation that got wet over the last few days, YUCK!



Since I’m on the DIY topic I thought I’d update on my hottie potty, it’s all fixed! The plumber fixed the pipe and the DH cut and hung the new drywall and then I came in after and primed and painted. You’d never know that a repair was made.



I’m also in the process of choosing paint colors for our entire first floor. I thought I had the colors I wanted but then found out that they don’t come in a Low or No VOC paint! I’m trying to do this green for the environment but also because of my lung problems. When I find what I want color wise I’ll write about it and share the places I checked out as well as what I used. I’ve decided to choose neutral colors because we just might move in the next couple of years and it would be nice if I only needed to do some touch up later.



My oldest DD and I are also in the middle of redesigning her room. We just purchased a new full sized bed and mattress, mirror and side table. She’s also chosen some art that we are recycling from a large art calendar that I have. Since her colors are grey/blues and brown I plan on making our own frames for the art from the scraps I’ve kept from other projects. Once we start painting for that project I'll post more.



14 books read 38 to go on my Book a Week in 2008!



Until next time good reading, writing and home fixin’!



No comments:

Post a Comment