Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

The Picture of Tedious...Err Dorian Gray

I finished my book club book yesterday (#46) The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. It’s too bad that the novel didn’t read like the story had been retold in movies or other novels. Oscar Wilde’s writing is verbose. I realize that might have been the styling of the 1890’s but even back then he was slammed in the reviews. I will say that it was definitely better than The Piano Tuner that I read earlier this year. Thankfully it was a short read.

Now I can move onto a fun read! My book club is going to read Kathy Reichs, Death Du Jour. I’m a huge fan of the show Bones so I’m betting that I will love this book.

Next week summer vacation ends for my kids. Both of my kids are now out of elementary school. My youngest is excited and anxious about moving on to middle school. I’m sure she’ll be fine after she goes to the school Thursday to pick up her schedule and take a walk through. My oldest is entering her sophomore year! She’ll get to play in the land of the PSAT this year and visit her first college night. She’s not anxious at all, no that feeling goes to her parents. We’ll have to get over it and make sure we can help make her dreams come true.

Until next time good reading and happy back-to-school!



No comments:

Post a Comment