Pages

Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to Work and School

I’m back to work and the kids went back to school this week. I work a split shift. I get to come home, write, read, clean and play with my dogs while school is in and then I go back to work when school lets out. We’re working some kinks out with the kids and coming home and what they’re supposed to do.

Neither kid likes the rules of no Internet but I don’t want them on the computer unless I or the DH is home. If they need to use it for homework it can wait until we get home from work. They can get their other homework finished and then they can work on their chores. The fifteen year-old got the paperwork she needs for a work permit this week, filled it out handed it off to me for my signature and then went to the job and turned it in today for her permit certificate. She’s allowed under the state law to work until 7 pm Sunday through Thursday and up to 8 hours on non school days. She wants a car and more clothes than her Dad and I am willing to buy. I’m proud of her initiative.

Until next time good reading and writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment