Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Good Eats and Words Flow

Dinner last night was delicious! I made shrimp and pine nut
spaghetti minus the pine nuts. I’m not a huge fan of nuts in my food and
neither are my kids so I left them out. I loved the sauce and the parmigiano-reggiano
cheese was worth every penny. It was easy to make and took 30 minutes from
start to finish; this one is worth keeping.





I’ve added more layers to the main female character for this
year NaNo challenge. I have her occupation or former job planned and her
unexpected rise to fame via the Internet. I’ve gotten the beginning sketches of
three more characters and the plot/story is coming into focus. This is the
first time since 2003 when I jumped into fiction writing that I’ve seen a story
so clearly. I usually write by the tip of my pen and so far, 12 novels written
I haven’t been able to get past the agents desk. So plotting with index cards
and detailed character sketches appears to be working for me. The hardest part
is waiting until November to start writing.





Currently I’m spending an hour or two on the NaNo project
and then a couple of hours working on my NaNo novel from 2007. It’s been
through at least three total rewrites and something is still compelling me to
rework this story. I can’t quite put my pen on what is missing but it will show
eventually, it always has in the past.





Until next time, live well now.



No comments:

Post a Comment