Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What are You Watching



Well the fritatta flopped with my youngest daughter and my
husband. The husband said it was ok but the mushrooms were too fresh! Meaning I
should have used the canned variety. The freshness of the mushrooms is what I
liked about the meal. I would make the meal again.





Let’s get away from the food talk and talk TV. What are you
watching or recording on your DVR?





I must admit I am a television addict. I love TV more than
my computer and the Internet.





Network TV has disappointed me in the last few years. The
shows I watch on network TV are ones that have been on for more than two
seasons. The best shows in my opinion are showing on channels like USA,
TNT and so on. Notice not a Law and Order or spinoff in the mix. Here’s my long
list-





  • General Hospital (ABC)

  • Ace of
    Cakes

  • HawthoRNe

  • Warehouse
    13

  • Criminal
    Minds (CBS)

  • Medium
    (CBS, formerly NBC)

  • Ghost
    Whisperer (CBS)

  • The
    Big Bang Theory (CBS one of the funniest shows on network TV)

  • Fringe
    (Fox)

  • Bones
    (Fox)

  • NCIS
    (CBS)

  • Focus
    Earth with Bob Woodruff (Planet Green)

  • House
    (Fox)

  • The
    Mentalist (CBS)

  • Eureka (SyFy)

  • Leverage
    (TNT)

  • In
    Plain Sight (USA)

  • Phineas
    and Ferb (Disney DX)

  • Wipeout
    (ABC)

  • Burn
    Notice (USA)

  • Being
    Human (BBC America)

  • Doctor
    Who (BBC America unfortunately no new episodes after the movie aired early
    this year.)

  • Torchwood
    (BBC America also sad there won’t be any new episodes)

  • The
    Vampire Diaries (DC 50 this is more for my daughters reminds me too much
    of the crappy Twilight series. It’ll probably leave my list.)

  • The Dr.
    Oz Show (CBS)

  • Design
    Star (HGTV my guilty pleasure)

  • Modern
    Family (ABC the jury is still out on this one. I thought it would be
    funnier.)

  • The
    Middle (ABC I thought this one was funnier than Modern Family but not
    funnier than Big Bang Theory.)

  • Sanctuary
    (SyFy not sure it’s coming back on)

  • The
    Philanthropist (NBC enjoyed this over the summer which is probably why NBC
    won’t renew.)





Not all of the shows are on at the
same time. At least half of them air during the summer. I’d be bug eyed if I
watched all that TV at once .I’d never get any work accomplished. One show I
loved was Life. It aired on NBC. It was written well and the acting was superb,
that’s usually a good indication that NBC will cancel.





Tell me what you’re watching.





Until next time, live well now.



1 comment: