Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Food and Words



I was going to write about a pet peeve and I actually had
half a page written but then I deleted it. I decided that the negativity of my
peeve wasn’t worth the time and words it was taking to tell. I got most of it
out and when I deleted the half page I felt better and I didn’t whine to anyone
coming across this post.



 



Now what am I going to write. Well about last nights dinner
of Spice-rubbed pork chops and Sweet Potato fries. It was excellent. I thought
I didn’t like sweet potatoes but it turns out I do and what I don’t like is the
syrupy crap that they’re usually prepared with especially during the holidays.
I’ve added another food to my cooking repertoire.



 



Last night I figured out the career of the main female
character in my new novel. The whole subject and plot of the book is timely and
a genre I’ve not thought of writing, no it isn’t a romance. There’s nothing
wrong with that genre, I know that it’s not for me. I have a great respect for
romance writers. My new story also has nothing to do with horror, paranormal
and the like. I’m actually questioning whether I now how to write for
characters that aren’t furry or have a mouth full of fang. That’s why I am
participating in NaNo. November is my chance to stretch my quill. Okay I could
do this any time but NaNo has become a fall tradition for me. It’s a chance for
me to write outside my lines and renew my writing spirit.



 



How do you renew your spirit or refill your well?



 



Until next time, live well now!    



No comments:

Post a Comment