Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Cooking This Week



In my dreams, I’m an accomplished chef; however, I live in
reality where I cook passably. I don’t like to cook, bake or anything that has
to do with the kitchen. And the funny part is that anyone who eats my cooking
says I’m good. Since I am a mom and wife I have to cook because if I didn’t no
one else would. It’s no easy task to cook when you don’t like the process. I
don’t find it relaxing actually, it’s a chore to me and like any other chore,
it needs to be completed. Since I have to cook I’ve became a regular reader of
Cooking Light magazine and over the last month, my family tried pork chops and
tenderloin for the first time. You read that right my kids had not eaten pork
until a month ago. This week alone we are trying five new meals from the
current Cooking Light magazine.



 



Tonight’s menu Spiced Rubbed Pork Chops page 86



w/Sweet Potato Wedges and Lemon Green Beans



 



Tuesday night we’re going to have a Mushroom Frittata
w/small green salad page 168



 



Wednesday Pork and Pinto Bean Nachos page162



 



Thursday Green Curry Chicken page 166



 



Friday Homemade whole wheat crust pizza my own recipe.



 



Saturday Udon Soup with Shrimp page 122



 



I am not a foodie either, if it tastes good I eat it. If it
tastes nasty, I don’t. The best part of using Cooking Light magazine is that
the recipes are light on the calories and high on taste so everyone in the
family can eat and enjoy the foods. I can lose weight and eat great too.



 



Today’s exercise plan 2.5 miles brisk walking with the dogs.
10 minutes of stretching and 30 minutes using the resistance bands, all
completed by 10 am today. Tomorrow I’ll be walking 2.5 miles and doing 30
minutes of yoga.



 



What’s your favorite exercise plan and/or favorite meal?



 



Until next time, live well now.



No comments:

Post a Comment