Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What If?

My To Do List is getting smaller. All the miscellaneous items I’ve let slide are being completed. I’ve got my fall garden planted and the spring bulbs are bought and will be put in the ground this week. I have over 150 bulbs. There will be no doubt that spring has sprung at my home next year!

The research for my new novel is moving along and I have enough to start setting the stage for a vampire stagecoach robbery! I have a good mix of Wild West history and my own version of history to mix it up. I spent the summer asking “what if?” to find novel ideas that sparked my imagination and the Wild West was a theme that kept appearing in my lists. This one is for my Dad. He was a western novel and movie man. While I watched them with him, I was young and they bored me. Part of my research has been to watch a few movies and read some of the old dime novels. The cool part is I feel my dad with me. He died eight years ago and just before he died, I told him maybe one day I‘d write a western. I don’t think he thought I’d include vampires, but hey, it’s a western.

Well, time to get back to some revision of my first chick lit book.

Until next time, live well now!

No comments:

Post a Comment