Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Lists Make Way for Dreams

Do you dream all the time or only occasionally? I dream all the time! Sometimes too much and I run into problems getting to the non-dream stuff. I love a leisurely pace. I’m rarely in a hurry to get anywhere. However, that doesn’t mean I’m always late, on the contrary I’m usually early.  Some mistake my leisurely pace for procrastination, but it that’s not the case. I’m an observer with tendencies to do and get things started and finished. I don’t think a procrastinator could lead a leisurely pace of life because they would always be trying to get current with whatever they have due.

When I notice I am panicking about getting projects finished I step back and look at my dream life. If my dream journal is over flowing then I know I ‘m spending too much time in La La Land. To continue living my laid-back way I needed to go back to making to do lists. My to do lists help me prioritize, if I get the major things finished then I can do the fun things like playing with my dogs and lounging on the deck with them and day dreaming!

Take today as an example:

My To Do List
       
4 am wake, shower and drink coffee       
4:30 am write, work on novel       
5:30 am wake daughter continue writing       
6 am wake other daughter. Get things together
for AM Day Care       
6:15 am continue with Daycare stuff or write if
DC is ready until first child arrives       
8:30 am Walk Day care kids to school       
8:45 am Italian Homework       
9:30 am Blog       
10 am go back to writing      
12 pm finish up loose ends       
12:30 pm lunch       
1 pm – 3 pm Free Me Time!       
3 pm – 6 pm Day Care       
6 pm – 10 pm Family time

Today is an easy day because it’s Friday and I try to do the least amount of work on this day. I do laundry while I write or after drinking my coffee. All the other household chores like sweeping, vacuuming and dusting I do as a part of getting the day care ready. The first floor of my home has never been cleaner since I opened the day care. The upstairs is another story, it’s a disaster but I don’t worry about that, because no one ever sees the upstairs and I have better things to do than make my bed or room spotless, like day dreaming, writing or playing with my dogs! 

My lists let me continue to dream!

Until next time, live well now!

No comments:

Post a Comment