Pages

Monday, January 30, 2006

So Much to Do, So Little Time

It's been a busy time in my house. My kids are starting their new hockey season and both are going to try speed skating on Saturday. Normally it's for older teens and adults but the person running it offered my girls a chance to try it out. The wonderful thing is my girls are independent and they're ready to try something new. Watching them inspires me to try new things. I used to relish doing activities I'd never tried, but as I've gotten older I don't risk it very often. But if I am going to be a better me it's time to break out of my comfort zone and do the things I want to try.



Report cards were issued and my girls did well. My youngest DD made the honor roll and ended the first semester with straight a's, my oldest did well too, while she missed her honor roll goal she improved her grades and is trying her best. Her grades aren't terrible by any means, she's finally seeing that the seventh grade isn't a cakewalk and she'll need to study a little more than before. My youngest needs to learn some humility though; she's so excited about her grades that she's rubbing it in her sister's face. The two of them remind me of my younger sister and I at that age, we were always competing be it sports or grades.



Well, I'm still working on Beneath the Surface. For the most part the first draft is finished though my ending doesn't quite work. I'm working on fixing that and at the same time I am completing character sketches for my Weather Bites novel as well as researching lore on werewolves and vampires. In the midst of all my writing I'm working on photo posters for Virginia Greyhound Adoption as well as getting photographs ready to be used on wine labels and to top it all off my family and I opened our home to an emergency foster yesterday (more on that at Pawsitively Insane).



Time for me to start my day. Until next time good writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment