Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Birthday & Shopping

Another milestone has occurred in my home, my youngest is nine years old! She turned nine on Sunday and I'm wondering where all the time has gone? It doesn't seem like it's been that long. She had a blast at her party and is happy to have what she calls a real bike! She went with her dad Saturday evening to choose her bike from a local bike shop. She watched as they did a complete check to make sure everything was in peak condition.



Yesterday was a holiday for most of the US but it was supposed to be a school day in my area. It was a make up day for one of the snow days my kids had back in December. But apparently we had some snow overnight on Sunday and it left some of the more rural areas with slick or icy roads and they closed schools. A little frustrating especially since the hubster and I had plans to do a little shopping without the kids. Instead we all packed into the car and went shopping as a family. My youngest had a blast spending the gift cards she received for her birthday and the hubster and I had fun spending some of our tax refund on fun items, we wouldn't otherwise buy. We bought the kids Gameboy SP's and the DH and I bought ourselves the GB DS with a couple of games golf for the DH and Retro games for me. I also purchased a new Lacie 250 gig external hard drive to store and back up my photography and I bought another gig of RAM to speed up my PC. What I really need is a PC optimized for graphics, but for now that's on hold.



For now though I will retreat from my pc to rest my eyes, I have a terrible migraine trying to rear its painful head. Until next time, good writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment