Pages

Monday, February 6, 2006

Busy, Busy, Sick

It's been a busy time in my house between the kids and dh's hockey. Then there's our three dogs plus the foster greyhound we have. And my work which is suffering because I've been fighting off a cold or possibly the flu with the way I've felt the past couple of days; achy with chills.



Early Saturday morning my youngest daughter woke early to try her skates at speed skating. She seemed to like everything but the getting up early. She was tired after the two-hour session. Thankfully for DD one of the birthday parties she was invited too was postponed, not so good for her friend since she was sick. Yesterday the girls went with their dad to his hockey game and a puck grazed the youngest. No injury, but she had a great story about how it whizzed by the side of her head. Perhaps they should wear helmets in the scorekeepers box.



This weekend I also knocked out our taxes. They've been e-filed and our state and federal refunds are being processed as I write this! I think this is the earliest I've ever finished gathering all the crap I need for them. It's also the first year that we haven't had any complicated items like a house out of state. If all goes well I'll have the refunds in time for youngest DD’s birthday. It's hard to believe she'll be nine, it feels like it was yesterday that she was born, don't worry I won't go all sentimental and mushy on you because while I miss her baby days to a degree, I'm more than happy she's getting older. My sentimental mush never lasts long because there's always a screaming toddler or crying infant to bring me back to my senses and I thank the heavens above I am past that stage in my life.



I'm at the beginning stage on my way to the middle stage of following my dreams on my timetable. I've found what I want to be when I grow up a writer and photographer. I've got the writing going with my novels, now I just need to find an agent that believes in them as much as I do. The photography will happen, I feel it in my bones and I want to open a place that caters to people and their animals with dogs as my primary focus. Pawsitively Insane Photography will happen, I just have to get the plan together and plow forward. But for now I have a novel to work on.



Until next time Good Writing!



1 comment:

  1. Umm...is the scorekeepers' box not completely boxed in with the exception of a small hole through which the refs can talk? Ours is and it's a safe place for children. Otherwise, yeah, helmets--with cages.

    ReplyDelete