Pages

Monday, February 6, 2006

Star Blossoms

Owning and living with three dogs is like living with three individuals with different personalities and when you throw a foster dog into the mix you have insanity. It's insane in a good way for me, I enjoy the company of my dogs and I love watching the Greyhounds blossom and show their true personalities.



This last week has been a challenge for me. Our new foster Star (aka Hollywood as I've dubbed her) is quite the alpha female. She has made herself at home and while she's worked out things with  Starjosie382801web
Dexter and Wyatt she and Josie are still suffering from what I call the 'Playground Bully' syndrome. They are knocking heads for the top spot of the canine pack. In the beginning I thought Josie would submit, but I was wrong, she's not willing to give her status away, well not easily anyway.



Star is a beauty and a free spirit. She's fearless in her exploration of her surroundings. She's playful, initiating play with my younger dogs and is usually going long after the others have pooped out. You'd never realize she's gong to turn five in June. Her zest for life, everything and everyone around her is contagious. Her eyes draw you in and you can't help but follow her as she checks out every corner of the yard or house. Star380301web
She's grace in motion, fierce in play and the gentlest of souls all at the same time. She is going to bring joy to who ever open their heart.



Thankfully my dogs do well when we bring in the foster dogs, but I've discovered that our Greyhound Dexter is quite the wimp when it comes to having his ears cleaned. On Friday he had to go to the vet for treatment of a double ear infection. Seems in my quest to keep ears clean, I've gone a little too far and now Dexter has to suffer through two weeks of medication and giving him the meds has been no easy task. He whines and pulls his head away like a two-year-old toddler. You'd think with modern medicine there'd be an easier way to do this, but I guess there isn't. I just hope I'm getting enough of the medication to stay in his ears.



Well, that's it for today. Until next time Woof, Woof, and Roo, Roo



Visit Virginia Greyhound Adoption



No comments:

Post a Comment