Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Snow Day

Note this is my entry I forgot to post for yesterday.



On Friday all I heard on the news was heavy snow expected for my area. The storm would start Saturday morning. That was no problem, it meant that the kids would get to have some snow fun and go to school on Monday. Unless it started snowing later and of course it didn't start snowing until late afternoon Saturday and continued snowing through Sunday morning. However by late afternoon I was sure school would start on time or at the most two-hours late. Boy was I wrong! I watched the six o'clock news and the ticker at the bottom of the page showed county schools closed. I am upset because the main roads are clear and my neighborhood streets are clear for the most part as well. The sun and motorists yesterday helped with the snowmelt. We received between 6 and 8 inches and at least a third of that melted yesterday because of the sun. So why the school closing? It's most likely due to the buses not being able to reach the more rural parts of my county. I have a bus rider and I understand the safety issue, but how will this affect the kids spring vacation? They already have to make up a day by going to school next Monday, I guess we'll all find out later this week.



If you can't tell, I'm not a snow person. It's beautiful to look at, but that's about it for me. Now that it’s snowed big in my neighborhood I wouldn't mind if we didn't see snow again until next February. I prefer sun, temps in the 80's with no humidity over snow and cold anytime. January was a great above average month here with temps getting as high as 70 one day but mostly the temps hovered in the high 50's and a few times in the low 60's. But into every non-winter lover's life some snow must fall as well as the temperatures, I just hope this is it and from now on it's blue skies and rising temperatures!



Until next time Good writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment